Friday, December 11, 2009

Closing Words

As always, I really enoyed Dr. Sexons class this semester. One can always count on his class to be entertaining as well as informative. It is for professors like him that I chose to study English. He, like Nabokov himself, is a receptacle of knowledge that has made us all smarter people. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the class as well as the subject matter.

Although at times I found the reading extremely difficult, I enjoyed working my way up the never ending rungs of the latter of understanding with the rest of the class. I am significantly more confident in my reading abilities after this class because I have learned how to read at a more critical level. I really enjoyed all of the books except for Speak Memory. Don't get me wrong, it was extremely well written and the imagery is superb, but it most definitely did not induce a tingle in my spine. Nabokov's novels are by far the most complex and confusing ones that I have ever read, and had I tried to read them without the help of Dr. Sexon and my peers there is no way I would have understood even the texts at even their most basic levels.

So many thanks to you all for another great semester, see many of you in Emergent Lit next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment